| Sunny Day
|| 5 (max. 8)
| The user intensifies the sun for five turns, powering up Fire-type moves.
- Does not make contact
- Not affected by Protect
- Not affected by Magic Coat
- Not affected by Snatch
- Not affected by King's Rock
| Affects all Pokémon on the field
Sunny Day is a Fire-type status move. It can be taught by using TM11, found on Route 7.
Sunny Day summons Harsh Sunlight onto the field. This effect will last for 5 turns (8 if the user is holding a Heat Rock), including the turn it was used. This clears any other type of weather.
While Sunny Day is in effect:
- the base power of Fire-type moves will be increased by 50%, and the base power of Water-type moves will be decreased by 50%.
- the moves Synthesis, Morning Sun, and Moonlight will heal the user for ⅔ of its total HP.
- the move SolarBeam will not require a turn to charge.
- the accuracy of the moves Thunder and Hurricane is lowered to 50%.
- the move Growth raises the Attack and Special Attack of the user by two stages each.
- Pokémon with the Ability Chlorophyll will have their Speed stat doubled immediately.
- Pokémon with the Solar Power Ability will have their Special Attack raised by 50% immediately and lose ⅛ of their HP at the end of each turn.
- Pokémon with the Leaf Guard Ability will be immune to being inflicted with non-volatile status conditions.
- the Ability Harvest will never fail to restore a berry.
Pokémon that learn Sunny Day
By leveling up