Harsh Sunlight is one of the weather conditions. It can be summoned by the move Sunny Day or the ability Drought for five turns. If the Pokémon that summons harsh sunlight is holding a Heat Rock, the sunlight lasts for eight turns instead.
- While harsh sunlight is active, Fire-type moves will be powered-up by 1.5x while Water-type moves will have their power decreased by 1.5x.
- The moves Thunder and Hurricane will have their accuracy decreased to 50%.
- The move Solar Beam will not need a charging turn before being executed but will be used instantly.
- The moves Synthesis and Moonlight will heal 2/3 of the user´s maximum HP.
- Harvest will always find a berry at the end of every turn.
- Growth will raise the user's attack and Special Attack by two stages each rather than by one.
Abilities affected by Harsh Sunlight
- Pokémon with the ability Solar Power will have their Special Attack boosted by 1.5x but will lose 1/8 of their maximum HP at the end of every turn.
- Pokémon with Chlorophyll will have their Speed doubled.
- Pokémon with Leaf Guard cannot be afflicted by status conditions.
Pokémon that can learn Sunny Day
Pokémon with Drought