Hail is a weather condition. It can be summoned by the move Hail or the ability Snow Warning for five turns. (8 is the user is holding an Icy Rock)
In some places, such as Route 16 and Snowbank Town Gym, hail is a permanent condition.
In battle effect
- Non-Ice-type Pokémon will be damaged for 1/16 of their maximum HP, except during the semi-invulnerability turn before executing Dig or Dive or if the Pokémon has the ability Magic Guard.
- The move Solar Beam will have its power halved.
- The move Blizzard will never miss.
- The moves Synthesis and Moonlight will only heal 1/4 of the user´s maximum HP.
Abilities affected by Hail
- Attacks targeted to Pokémon with Snow Cloak will have their accuracy modified by a factor of 4/5 (80% if accuracy is normally 100%).
- Pokémon with Ice Body will be healed for 1/16 of their maximum HP.
Pokémon with Snow Warning
Pokémon that can learn Hail
By leveling up